I've only recently started checking out blogs about other book readers. (The ones I currently follow are listed in the right margin.) Through those blogs I've found out about reading challenges, and just in time to start in January. I've joined two so far:
1. 100+ Reading Challenge for 2011 - read 100 books in 2011 (can't have started them before the new year)
2. Chunkster Reading Challenge 2011 - different levels of commitment to the greater tomes. I've chosen the easiest level - 4 fiction books over 450 pages each. No e-books; just real, old-fashioned paper books. This one doesn't officially start until February 1, so I've got some time to get other shorter books done in January.
3. 2011 The 3 R's Challenge - Read, Review, Recognize - this is the challenge set up by a group of book ladies who met through each others's blogs. If you see a book recommended on another blog and you like it, review it on your blog and thank them for the recommendation. Seems easy and I like the recognition part. I'll try the easy level on this one too - 1-6 books this year.
4. Take a Chance Challenge 3 - I found a new challenge that looks like it'll be super fun. There are 10 categories of ways to find new books to read (Staff Membe'rs Choice, Loved One's Choice, etc.). Check out the link to see them all. Books can be in any format and can count for other challenges.We'll see how I do with each of these.
5. What's in a name 4 - This challenge has 7 categories for books to choose, based on the titles (Book with a NUMBER in the title, Book with a SIZE in the title, etc.). Also sounds fun!
Do you have reading goals for this year?